I have tried Annie Godin‘s yoga class at Shri Yoga. She’s an excellent teacher. I have also tasted Annie’s homemade granola bars, and they are nirvana. There is a reason that this recipe appears in print without a photo. As much as I adore these granola bars, I am afraid that if I bake them, I will eat them–all. On the other hand, this recipe is too good to keep under wraps. If you make it, please send me a morsel, and if I beg for more, please say “No”.
Annie’s Granola Bar Ingredients:
- 1 c oatmeal
- 1 c raisins (or any dried fruit: apricots, cranberries, figs, dates)
- 1 c sunflower seeds (or other nuts)
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 10 oz (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 c melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 or 7×11 pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix everything together except the butter. Once the mixture is smooth, stir the melted butter in. Spread evenly in the pan. Use a spatula to smooth it to an even thickness, or cover the mix with parchment paper and press it by rolling over the paper with a glass or a rolling-pin.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly golden-brown. Place the pan on a rack to cool. When it reaches room temperature, cut into squares or rectangular bars. Voilà!
- Annie, welcome to the draw for Jittery Cook‘s Blueberry Gin! Thanks for passing on this incredibly delicious recipe.
- Thanks to # for providing delicious treats on special occasion
- 4 Healthy Versions of Your Favorite Snacks (Like a Granola Banana Bar!) (self.com)
- Energy Bars (twistingpinterest.wordpress.com)
- Holy deliciousness granola bars (kerrycooks.wordpress.com)
- My attempt at homemade granola bars (similar to Quaker). (stephaniegetsridofhercrap.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Granola Bars 1.0 (kozykitchenadventures.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Granola Bars, The Sequel (thecocinamonologues.com)
- breakfast time (youthinkthat.wordpress.com)
- Make this Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe (befitwithkristen.com)