Wondering what to do with a full head of cauliflower and a good-looking bunch of broccoli? Wonder no more. This soup is a great twist on the usual straightforward version. Roasting the vegetables first had two unexpected rewards. The flavour was outstanding, and there were no gassy after-effects. This is not science; it is opinion. Let me know if you have a similar happy outcome.
Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup Ingredients:
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of broccoli, roughly chopped
- a few splashes of olive oil
- season to taste with: smoked paprika, sea salt , cracked black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- a few garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 T butter, Ghee or Olive Oil
- 3 c low salt vegetable broth (adjust according to how thick you want your soup)
- I ate this entire soup myself over the course of a few days. So, my non-gassy opinion was well tested.
- Thanks to Marla Meredith on Family Fresh Cooking for having a beautiful food blog with this wonderful recipe. It is amazing how much one small tweak–roasting the cauliflower and broccoli– can bring about so much reward.
- Go to “Contact” above to leave your recipe suggestion for recipe 2 recipe posts. I am awaiting your favorites with eager anticipation!
- Check out Physio Shelley Alper‘s No. 1 Physio while we’re still focusing on unmentionable topics.
- Two New Ways to Eat Cauliflower (lifeovereasy.typepad.com)
- Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup (jessaneenskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Roasted cauliflower and white bean soup (theitalianfork.com)
- Thank You #68 Cauliflower (sosopie.wordpress.com)
- Cauliflower: Simple, Hearty, Delicious (theepochtimes.com)
- Roasted broccoli and a tiny celebration (blackberriesandbloodoranges.com)
- Cauliflower Soup (getyourvegon.com)