Here’s a plan for a great BBQ dinner. Hop on over to the health food store and buy some healthier chicken and beef hotdogs with no added nitrates (pictured below). Stop off at a good bakery and purchase the most delicious rolls you can find and some potato knish. Then make a slew of salads, starting with Mango Cilantro Red Onion Salad.
Mango Cilantro Red Onion Salad Ingredients:
- 3 mangos, pitted, peeled and julienned
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1-2 tiny red Thai chillies, seeded and finely chopped (add ½ a teaspoon full and serve the rest on the side for masochists)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Check out Canadian Living’s mango salad.
- This is one of Meredith Evan’s favourite easy sweet and savoury summer salad recipes. Meredith is an excellent personal trainer from my favorite gym Epicentre. Thanks for sharing on recipe2recipe. You are in the draw for a set of Jittery Cook grocery bags.
- If hot dogs are not your thing, marinate some shrimp in the same dressing you put together for the Mango Cilantro Red Onion Salad, and throw them on the BBQ.
- Win a set of Jittery Cook grocery bags! Email me (email@example.com) your favorite recipes to share, and you’ll have a chance to win a set of 2 Jittery Cook grocery bags–freshly minted! First lucky winner will be selected on June 28th. Thanks!
- Crab Salad in Cucumber-Mango Juice with Candied Jalapenos (optimumnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Jicama and Red Onion Slaw (my-imperfect-kitchen.com)
- Tangerine and Red Onion Salad with Fresh Mint (citymama.com)