There are a few things you need to know:
- There are only 4 days left to enter the draw for a set of Jittery Cook grocery bags.
- The only thing you have to do to enter is subscribe to recipe 2 recipe, or get a friend to subscribe. If your friend subscribes and you let me know, you’ll both be entered in the draw. There is an even better reason to subscribe: You’ll make my day.
- I’m always looking for great recipes for both Jittery Cook and recipe 2 recipe. Ever since Sonia wrote the post Sweet Pepper Tomato Sauce, I’ve been trolling for guest bloggers. Step up to the plate. Volunteer. You’ll be amazed at how much pleasure it will bring you. Recipe 2 recipe wants you!
Now that we got that out of the way, supper last night was a 1-2-3 affair. In no time at all, you can take advantage of Emmy Cook’s advice, making basil oil as instructed, then follow Emmy’s advice to toss it on some pasta. The result will be fresh and interesting. Each bite will have a unique flavour due to the large size of each ingredient. Ain’t cooking grand?
Rigatoni Primavera Ingredients
- 1 box De Cecco Rigatoni, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 bell peppers, yellow and red, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, cut into spears
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 c basil oil, as made by Emmy Cooks
- 1 c Parmigiano Reggiano shavings, made with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 c roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes, to taste
Heat a large pan on medium-high. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the scallion for about 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, cooking for about 4-5 minutes, until starting to brown and soften. Add the peppers, cooking about 4 more minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the sun-dried tomatoes.
Toss the pasta with the basil oil. Combine all ingredients. Serves 4.
- Just want to take a moment to thank you for reading recipe 2 recipe. I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table.
- 4 Quick and Easy Pasta Sauces (williams-sonoma.com)
- Spiral Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (thehealthyflavor.com)
- Rigatoni Bolognese (cookie-talk.com)
- Mama’s Spaghetti Sauce: Vegetarian and Meat Versions (adodge529.wordpress.com)
- ” Mafaldine Primavera “ (chefsopinion.org)
- Pasta Primavera :: A Summer Staple (iloveyoumorethancarrots.com)
- Check below for another use for olive oil. (globe and mail.com)