Still wondering how they get the caramel inside the Caramilk chocolate bar? Why worry about that when you can simply coat your chocolate base with an array of delicious toppings?
Chocolate Nut Butter Bark
- 16 oz good quality dark chocolate
- 3 T almond butter
- 3 T coconut jam (or skor chips)
- 3 T toasted coconut flakes
- 3 T toasted sunflower seeds
- 3 T toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c toasted sliced almond
- 1/2 c dried cherries
- 1/8 t coarse kosher salt or fleur de sel
Toast the coconut flakes and nuts in a 350F oven, stirring and watching to prevent burning. Form the almond butter and coconut jam into dime-sized bits. Stir the melting chocolate in a bowl suspended over a pot of simmering water. Cover your baking pan with tinfoil, then spread the chocolate in a 1/4 inch thin layer. Place the almond butter and coconut jam bits evenly over the surface. Sprinkle the chocolate with the scant amount of salt. Scatter the nuts and fruit. Press down slightly to stick the toppings into the melted chocolate. Chill completely until you can break or cut easily. Refrigerate to chill faster if necessary.
- Find out how my brother Eric is helping out in a project, Bless the Children, to educate children about eating plant based foods. ECO also know as Earth Circle Organics, donated its 70% dark chocolate to benefit the cause. Go ECO!!
- For some serious chocolate bark making technique, check out Joy of Baking.
- Exactly one year ago the first Jittery Dark Chocolate Bark surfaced. Perhaps this will be a yearly event.
- What’s the Benefit to Natural Nut Butters? (belmarrahealth.com)
- I’m A Kid in a Candy Store (Recipe Included) (sirenatales.wordpress.com)
- Home made….Almond butter (heathereatsclean.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Almond Cashew Butter (lotusmanifesto.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Marble Pumpkin Bark with Nutella Cookies and Salted Pepitas, for SRC (lisamichele.wordpress.com)
- Maple Coconut Almond Butter:. (upliftedvibrations.com)
- Foodie Friday: Is There a Better Nut Butter? (news.health.com)
- Homemade Protein Bars, WOW Day 2, Yoga Dog (nthefitzone.com)
Can you guess what this is?
A bottle of this infused alcohol will be the 2012 holiday season Jittery Cook – recipe 2 recipe prize. What can you do to win? Email email@example.com your favorite recipe to share. Deadline is December 18. Good luck!